Kesher B’Ivrit is designed for native Hebrew-speaking learners (primarily Hatikvah students who are not EBJC members). Taught in Hebrew, this multi-age program focuses on Judaics topics and is individualized to meet the needs of diverse learners. Learners will join the rest of Kesher from 5:00 to 5:30 pm for Tefillah/Prayer with Rabbi Finkelstein.
- Torah stories from Bereishit through Exodus taught through studying original text and midrashim
- Jewish values/mitzvot from the Torah and our tradition
- Holidays including history, rituals, and associated tefillot
- Tefillah with a focus on the meaning and choreography of Shabbat prayers
- Israel, including ancient and modern history, major regions and cities, contemporary society
- Jewish Identity through understanding what unites Jews around the world: common language, traditions, holidays, life cycle events, sacred texts